Image Map

Monday, November 28, 2011

Decking the Halls


Santa and the Tiny Reindeer 



The Christmas Spirit blew thru my home like a hurricane this past weekend.  There were boxes and boxes of ornaments, lights and decorations galore scattered all through the halls and stacked as high as the eyes could see.  At one point I was certain that I had lost my little pup but soon found her nestled all snug in her bed with visions of snowmen filling her head!  Or maybe it was a vision of a snowman that had fallen in her bed...but whatever, she was all snuggled in with the snowman covering her head!

I sat in the middle of my living room floor staring at my abundance of boxes and wondering when I had accumulated so much Christmas Crap?  Yes, I said crap because at this point my holiday cheer was completely lost upon realizing that I had to unpack said boxes and figure out where the heck I was gonna put all this crap stuff.

I pulled myself up off the floor and headed for the wine bar to pour myself a glass of holiday cheer to help get the creative juices flowing.  When what to my wondering eyes did appear but a vison of santa and little tiny reindeers!  I immediately ran to my boxes and began my search when out like a flash these deer did appear!


And shorly thereafter, santa himself...


And what room would be complete without a Christmas tree...


And with it being a "wine bar" it only seemed fitting to use corks as "ornaments"


And from there the room just seemed to complete itself!
Whew!  One bottle of wine room down and six more to go!  Oh deer! 

So what area did you choose to decorate first this year? 

Linking this up to the following parties...go check them out!


5 comments:

  1. SO DARLING, GREAT JOB. winks, jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I have so many wine corks, this is a great idea for them :)

    Myers Maison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!

    Sharon @ mrshinesclass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    You did a beautiful job putting this all together! I also love the wine corks on your Christmas tree sweet. I'm your newest follower on your Blog now. I hope you come over and join my Tablescapes.
    Have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat idea for using corks! i usually just use them with filler (like with ornaments or pinecones in a jar).

    ReplyDelete

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...