Image Map

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine!

Morning Glory Muffins
How to have your cake and eat it too!


As a mom, I am always trying to figure out new and creative ways to “sneak” healthy foods into my kid’s treats. 

As a wife, I am always trying to figure out how to get my husbands daily intake of the healthy stuff into him any way I can.

As a woman…I’m always trying to figure out how I can have my cake and eat it too! 

Are you feeling me here?

Seriously, if it were up to me to write the Food Pyramid (and I really think it should be), the largest block would be chocolate...all else would follow!

Whose with me?

One of my favorite treats to make for my family are these Morning Glory Muffins. 


They are the perfect blend of sweet AND healthy!

These little beauties are cram packed with all things healthy...and just enough of the unhealthy stuff to make them DELISH!


If your feeling really adventurous, you can top them with a little cream cheese frosting and have them for dessert!

YUMMERS!


Morning Glory Muffins
by Angi McCarthy
Keywords: breakfast muffin




Ingredients (1 dozen large muffins)
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 cup crushed pineapples, drained
  • 1 -1/2 cup King Arthur White Wheat Flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth.
Add eggs and sour cream; beat well.
Stir in carrots, coconut crushed pineapple and raisins.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture just until moistened.
Fold in nuts.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups 3/4 full.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Powered by Recipage

 

You may find this post partying in the following places:





Friday:  Dwell on Joy- Finding Fabulous - Chic on a Shoestring Decorating - Fingerprints on the Fridge - Shabby Nest - WhipperberryMiss Mustard Seed - French Country Cottage - Sweet Tooth Friday (Alli-n-son), I'm Lovin' it Fridays (TidyMom), Friday Favorites (Simply Sweet Home), Latest & Greatest Friday (Days of Chalk and Chocolate), Bacon Time, Fusion Friday (Jane Deere Blog).

4 comments:

Love notes...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...